Your shopping cart is empty!
We will have extended Customer Service hours during the holiday season: Mon - Fri 9am to 7pm EST, and Sat - Sun 12pm to 5pm EST.
Carrot Cake No Bake Energy Bars
recipe and photography by Lunches + Littles
My kids like snacks. I like snacks. But, I don’t like most of the store-bought options that are full of preservatives, sugar, etc. And, let’s just be honest - a lot of homemade options lack flavor and honestly just aren’t winners with me or my crew. So, I am always trying to come up with new snacky options that are healthy and delicious. Oh, and being easy to make certainly is a plus too!
These Carrot Cake No Bake Energy Bars are all of those things and more. I have made these a handful of times and they never last long. Flavorful, simple and made from real ingredients – what’s not to love? And this flavor is perfect for Easter time! Set them out for an after-school snack, pack them up in a lunchbox, or bring them to a holiday get-together. See the full recipe below.
• 1 cup (whole/ raw) almonds
• 8-10 pitted medjool dates (depending on size; use 10 if they are on the smaller side)
• 3/4 cup shredded carrots
• 3 dried pineapple rings
• 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1 tbsp almond butter
• 1/2 tsp coconut extract
• 1/2 tsp almond extract (can omit if you would prefer to not have such a strong almond flavor)
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
• 1 scoop protein powder (I used Sneakz Organic Vanilla Powder)
*You will also need: parchment paper and a small freezer safe dish (I used this 6 cup rectangular glass dish)
• Line your dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Next, add all of your ingredients to a food processor with the S blade in place.
• Attach lid and pulse until everything is well combined. *Please note: you will likely have to stop and scrape down the sides of the processor container a couple of times throughout this process, return lid and pulse again to ensure that everything is combined.
• Once a crumbly, yet easily moldable (see picture above) “dough” forms, remove container from processor and start transferring mixture to your prepared dish.
• Press mixture down into dish until smoothed out and relatively even across the top.
• Chill in refrigerator or freezer for an hour or two (depending on your preferred hardness). Then, remove and cut into bar sizes of choice.
• Serve immediately, or store individually wrapped
Optional: top with additional shredded coconut, dried fruite, raisins, etc. as desired.
Enjoy these quick and easy no bake bars for Easter and beyond. And don’t forget to use your Original Learning Tower or Limited Edition Learning Tower in order to get your children right up to the counter and hands on throughout the process. This recipe is so simple and a perfect one for getting your little ones involved. Don’t have a learning tower? – Click here to find out more about something I consider a kitchen must-have! And, if you want more simple and healthy recipes be sure to hop on over and follow me on Instagram at @Lunchesandlittles!